Thursday, July 2, 2009

Homemade Blocks

Ingredients for homemade blocks:

Blocks cut from untreated wood scraps (these are left over from the tree house)




Paint, mod podge, all sorts of brushes, stencils, etc.




One or more excited children














And here is the result:
That looks pretty easy, eh? Well, here is what happened behind the scenes: This project was very fun for about 45 minutes. After that the mermaids got tired of it and wanted to do something else and so I finished the rest. While I was absorbed in finishing the rest of the blocks, a gallon of orange juice was brought up the stairs, red crayon was drawn all over my kitchen cabinets and all of my jewlery was pulled out and strung around my bedroom. Then my children really got bored and started giving me "wet wilies" in my ear. So my advice to you is to let the children do three or four each and then do the rest yourself when they are sleeping.

Cost: wood-free, craft paints-about .75 cents each (but I already had a bunch), package of paintbrushes $4.00, stencils $4.00 Total: under $15.00

By the way, my children are for sale.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mama Mermaid, cute craft ideas! I suggested to my twins that we paint blocks and they weren't that interested but if you have anything on Eagle Scout projects let me know.

    ReplyDelete