Thursday, August 5, 2010

Read My Lip Gloss

For our Mermaid Craft today we had our first official Guest Crafter. Our guest was Nicole Empey, the very same Nicole that designed the beautiful mermaid treehouse banner above.
Nicole's craft was to teach the mermiads the art of writing Ransom Letters. I will not tell you the details on how Nicole became an expert at this, but I will say that her experience is extensive.
The first thing we needed was something of value that we could ransom. Nicole, vigilant at a recent playgroup outing at the park, pounced on an opportunity and secured the perfect object:
Lip gloss.

Little does she know, but the young, unsuspecting child who "lost" this item will soon be receiving a letter.

First, Nicole gave some examples of ransom letters:


Then it was time to make our own.

The red mermaid and blue mermaid get to work.

(Or, at least watch Nicole work, which is much more fun. )


Meanwhile, the orange mermaid added eyes and I took a photo of the lip gloss,

...in obvious distress.


Then the girls delivered the ransom note....
...INCOGNITO!

[I will not post the photos of the actual ransom letter today, since then our rendezvous might be compromised. Date/time of rendezvous is in the letter. We wounldn't want anyone to meet us there to take the lip gloss and then ransom our ransom.]

What will happen to the lip gloss? Will the owner fulfill the requirements needed to obtain her precious cosmetic item? Will she meet us at the proper location? Or will she abandon her lip gloss, leaving it in the hands of the mermaids, who might use it all up any moment?

What will happen?

TO BE CONTINUED.......

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha. I LOVE the incognito outfits! Excellent work, merladies. I hope that my safety isn't compromised by this super public post... ;)
    And I love, love, love, the poor little screaming lipgloss tied to a chair. Fantastic. I hope they ransom things for years to come.

    Sorry Chelsea...BWAAhahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yeah... I <3 Ransoming! (is that a word?) You can get all sorts of good stuff when you master this art. My latest ransom loot, a full batch of brownies! Way to go Chelsea! Start them young! :D HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw... the incognito pic is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and fun! Love that pic of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you were so sinister(you think you know a somebody!) Good to know you are covering the basics with the girls!

    ReplyDelete