Sunday, August 1, 2010

Everyone Loves Danny

I asked my good friend Jill if she had some good ideas on how to handle sibling rivalries.
One way, she said, is to take photos of siblings laughing and having fun together and then display the photos around the house.
I thought that was a great idea. I was also behind on my baby book for our mer-son, so I combined the ideas.
I gave each mermaid a small pile of photos of her and her little brother together. Then pulled out my stickers, paper, scissors and glue and I had them make a scrapbook page for Dan's baby book.

At this point, everyone *loves* our little baby and the only sibling rivalry concerning him is who can be the first to wake him up, make him laugh, or pick out his clothes. (And believe me, the competition is fierce.)

But I know that will not always be the case...

I think they will always be able to look back on these pages in Dan's scrap book and remember how much he means to them. This will also mean a lot to Dan as he gets older and looks through these pages, to see how he was adored.

Here are the finished pages:

My next task is to see if they will make scrap book pages for each other...

1 comment:

  1. I totally love the idea of the kids making scrap book pages for his baby book. I am going to have to store that idea away for later :).

    ReplyDelete