Friday, August 21, 2009

Last Craft of the Summer

School starts next week, so this is our last craft of the summer. Here is a list of what we used for this craft:
Canvas
mod podge
paintbrushes
magazine clippings



First I cut out a bunch of colors from the pages of magazines. I separated them into to piles: warm colors and cool colors.

Then I drew the shape of a fish on the canvas. When it was time for the craft, the mermaids painted mod podge over the canvas and started pasting the magazine clippings to the canvas.


I told them to use the warm colors for the fish body and the cool colors for the water.
After the canvas was completely covered and there was no white showing, the they spread mod podge over the top.

The mermaids enjoyed this craft a lot, and I am going to put a black frame around these fishes and hang them in my bedroom.



Have a great school year, and we'll see you next summer!

3 comments:

  1. Your Mermaids are great artists. These fish look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this craft. Admittedly I usually avoid crafts (I hate the mess) but I think I might actually do this with my girls. They're in desperate need of room decor and this would be a cheap, fun way to addd color to their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped on over here from Melissa Maxwell's blog and I am SO excited to do some of these! Thank you for sharing all these fun ideas! I am bookmarking you right now!

    ReplyDelete