Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Gift You Give Your Friends

I teach the girls that a party is a gift you give your friends. The mermaids were so excited for their birthday, and I think what made it more exciting was that they were able to be involved in so much of the planning and preparation.
Here is the red mermaid tieing up the paper flowers that she made to the treehouse stairs. Here is the tree house decked out in its party glory. Makes me wish I was turning six, too. Or it makes me wish I was a treehouse. One of the two.


In addition to the paper flowers the girls made the pinata. At first they wanted a mermaid shaped pinata, but after realizing they'd be hitting the mermaid with a bat they changed their minds to making a fish. Which made me happy because a mermaid pinata would have been a little....tricky to make.


The girls had a wonderful party. Thank you to all the kids who came. We hope you enjoyed our "gift" to you.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to describe a party. I never thought of it like that.

    I tried to comment during the fish pinata making, but it did not work out. Essentially I wondered, "How did you make the fins? Balloons are not shaped like fins."

    Love you and your blogs,

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fun preparations for this party. I'm sure they will always remember it.

    I agree that thinking of a party as a gift for your friends is a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete